Job Posting: Pathlight Managing Editor
By Eric Abrahamsen, published
Pathlight Magazine, a Paper Republic publication, is looking for a new Managing Editor!
The position is about half time (though sometimes busier than others), and based in Beijing. You will be working together (mostly remotely) with Paper Republic editors, and with People’s Literature Magazine, our Chinese partners. Responsibilities include:
- Keeping the magazine to a quarterly publication schedule.
- Working with Paper Republic and People’s Literature to collectively choose a theme and a table of contents for each issue.
- Assigning and collecting translations.
- Editing translations, or assigning editing work to other editors.
- Doing social media promotion.
We’ll provide translator and editor resources, and help connect you with everyone you need to talk to.
Salary is paid per issue, and is competitive.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is in Beijing.
- Is a Chinese => English translator. One of the strengths of Pathlight is that our translations are edited by translators.
- Is organized, and not afraid to crack the whip.
- Is conversant with contemporary Chinese fiction and poetry.
- Has some familiarity with digital publishing, including using InDesign and manipulating epub files.
- Has a bit of experience dealing with Chinese government-owned institutions.
- Would be available to start in the next couple months.
Interested parties please email firstname.lastname@example.org.