Paper Republic – Chinese Literature in Translation
Paper Republic: Chinese Literature Matters
Pathlight Issue Winter 2011
Feature: 8th Mao Dun Literature Prize
- Zhang Wei: 'You Are on the Highland'
- Liu Xinglong: 'Holy Heaven’s Gate'
- Liu Zhenyun: 'A Word is Worth Ten Thousand Words'
Fiction / Non-Fiction
- Jiang Yitan: 'China Story’
- Di An: 'Williams’ Tomb’
- Qi Ge: 'The Sugar Blower’
- Xiang Zuotie: 'A Rare Steed for the Martial Emperor’ and ‘Raising Whales’
- Li Juan: 'The Winter of 2009’ and ‘The Road to Weeping Spring’
- Lei Pingyang: Prayer-Poem on Mt. Jinuo, White Herons, Keeping a Cat, Going Home for a Funeral, The Myna Bird Asks a Question, Collectivist Insect Calls, and Abandoned City
- Hou Ma: Bloodsucking Rapture, Subway, Li Hong’s Kiss and A Wolf? In Sheep’s Clothing?
- Sun Lei: Travel
- Yu Xiang : Sunlight Shines Where It’s Needed, My House, They, A Gust of Wind, Low Key, It Goes Without Saying, Holy Front and Street
- Wong Leung Wo: At Midnight, I See Your Shoes in the Bathroom, Father, This is the Last Day, The Story of Santa and I Thought We Wouldn’t Meet Again
- Xi Chuan: The Body and History, Ill Fortune H 00325, Looking at the Mural in the Ruicheng Temple of Eternal Joy and Dragon